Roulette is a highly popular, classic casino game that is played all over the world. It's a game of chance, although some people do claim to have developed betting strategies that minimise loss and enhance their winnings.
There are two versions of roulette, North American which has 38 numbers and European which has 37 numbers and a single zero, the European wheel offers a much more attractive house edge , so always try to play on a single zero wheel.
There are two main categories of bets
"Outside bets" and "inside bets" simply means whether the bet is inside or outside the main playing area.
- Red or Black - Decide whether you want to bet on the ball landing on red or black and place your chips on the box marked red or black.
- Even or Odd - Decide whether you want to bet on the ball landing on an even or odd number and place your chips on the box marked odd or even. ( 0 or 00 is not included in this bet)
- Low - Here you are betting that the ball will land on numbers 1-8 so place your chips on the box marked low.
- High - Here you are betting that the ball will land on numbers 19-36 so place your chips on the box marked high.
- Dozen - Here the table is divided into numbers 1-12, 13 -24, 25 - 36 , so place your bets on the box marked 1st 12, 2nd 12 or 3rd 12.
- Straight -This is a bet that one particular number will win.
- Split - This is a bet that one of two numbers that lie next to each other will win, place your chips on the line that separates them.
- Trio - This is a bet that any number in a particular row will win, place your chips on the outside of the row you are betting on.
- Corner - This is a bet that one of four numbers will win . The four numbers must touch each other.
- Five Number - This is a bet that either 0,00,2 or 3 will win , place your chips on the outside line that divides the 0 and 1.
- Six Line - A bet that one of six numbers will win , place your chips between the two rows on the outside line.
HINTS AND TIPS
- Always be aware of each individual casinos rules.
- Find out what the minimum and maximum bets are at the table.
- Always try to play at a single zero wheel.
- Quit while you are ahead!!